Friday, March 29, 2013

My Mini Shopping Spree

My haul
What a day! We haven't spent so much money in I don't know when. First we went and purchased our second Cali King bed. We are going to have the hugest bed ever, with two Cali Kings together. We have children who equate sleeping in their own beds (let alone their own rooms) with child abuse and torture. Since we have a huge bedroom, and a new baby on the way, we decided to just give up and get ready to have 5 people sleeping in a ginourmous bed. I can't wait until it is delivered tomorrow.

After bed shopping we went out to lunch and went shopping for new bed linens. We struck out at T.J. Maxx (no Cali King stuff), but at Tuesday Morning they had a great $300 sheet set on clearance for $80, and with today's 50% off clearance sale we got it for $40. Sweet! We also picked up a couple of mattress pads at good prices. I just love Tuesday Morning. And I often find the neatest educational toys there at great prices.

Then we got home and found a surprise gift of $100 in the mail. Yay! So Grandma and I drove out to Lakeshore to buy a few items I've had my eye on. We picked out a microscope, place value blocks, place value practice board, a magnetic fractions set with board, addition flashcards, a pack of phony money, a small hourglass (minuteglass?), a prism, and a map of the solar system with planet descriptions and decorations. For some extra money I got a laminating machine too! I am so excited. I have I pile of things I have wanted to laminate, so I can't wait to try it out! We had such a fun day shopping; it so rarely happens on our budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment